This is a lovely book for beginners and more experienced weavers alike. It explains basic terms, tools and techniques and then goes through a number of projects that you could have a go at.
Topics covered include:
- Basic techniques and basketry terms are explained and clearly illustrated, along with selection and preparation of materials
- Thirteen projects are set out in clear and detailed stages, ranging from practical baskets to planters, lifelike sculptures and wreaths
- Chapters describe four different basketry forms, each with a different set of structures and skills to learn
- Sound, practical tips throughout to smooth your progress and help overcome difficulties
- Advice is given on adapting recipes and designing your own baskets.